About 4 weeks ago I had a bit of a spring clean, not of my apartment, that would just be silly!
But, I cleaned out my IM and my email address book, my palm pilot, my phone and my head.
I went through and deleted all contact details with certain men from my past, men who hadn't treated me very well, but whom I had not been able to sever all ties with.
My rule was, if they hadn't contacted me for any reason apart from a request for a "lets get together for old times sake" meeting then that's it, those that had contacted me asking how I was, or how certain problems they knew about were progressing were fine, but I'm a terrible hoarder.
I find it very hard to say goodbye completely, to cut ties, I've never been able to walk away from any relationship with out wondering if I should give it another chance, even if the man has been shitty to me.
But no longer, the dead wood has been cleared and its remarkable how much clearer my horizons are now.
Whilst I think I've learnt something from every relationship I've been in, even if its just how much I dislike certain past times. It's time to focus on more positive things. Look forward, be open to new experiences and adventures and not be scared of putting my trust on the line again.
Discombobulated: To be thrown into a state of confusion.
1 comment:
A bit like spring cleaning only a season early. :)
Post a Comment