Reading Wanbro's post here reminded me.......
I went for a trim while in the UK, just a little trim as I'm growing my hair anyway but wanted it tidied up for the Christmas season. The cut was just so so, not fantastic but then it was just a trim anyway but I didn't think it warranted a tip and the girl who had washed my hair definitely didn't deserve one, she had poured water down my neck for goodness sake.
Anyway I checked when the cutter showed me the back of my hair in a mirror, paid and off I went 'home'.
A couple of hours later I was getting changed to go out and brushed my hair after taking off woolly jumpers and putting on slinky silk and found there was a large chunk of hair that was hanging 2 cms below the rest....... hmmmm he hadn't followed my natural parting.
The next day I walked back into the hairdressers and 'my' cutter was sitting chatting. Smiling I walked over and said hello and ran my fingers through my hair holding the extra long section in my fingers for emphasis, he said "oh what's the matter?" To which my reply was (still smiling) "when you cut my hair yesterday you didn't follow the natural parting so there is a long piece here that needs tidying up please" He leapt to his feet and blustered about saying that it was my "faulty" brush work that had caused this, he directed me towards his chair and placed a robe around my shoulders, at that point I realised that his hands were trembling, in fact trembling so much he was unable to fasten the clip to fasten the robe!
So I watched as he picked up a pair of scissors and advanced towards my head, fingers trembling like jelly he combed through my hair and started to snip. At this point I wondered if I wouldn't have been better suggesting my 8 year old godson do the job. Then he took a big breath in and steadied himself as he cut, very close to my ear, in fact his scissors clinked against the new ear rings. Then he said he was finished and he was, I thanked him, wished him Seasons Greetings and off I went.
I suspect no one has ever come back to him and commented on his handy work in a negative way before!
Discombobulated: To be thrown into a state of confusion.
No comments:
Post a Comment