Discombobulated: To be thrown into a state of confusion.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Men in Hong Kong

Men in Hong Kong, not 'Hong Kong Men'

Richard at Forked Tongue asks "Where do normal people go. You know, girl-next-door types?"

We're all over the place, but not often found in Laguna, New Makati, Neptune, Fenwick etc. But then again perhaps we're also not looking to meet married men (or am I just talking for my self again).

I've got female friends in HK who are intelligent, sexy, funny and attractive but most of them are single, why is this?
Because the majority of men out and about are the ones with 2 or 3 other women on the go at the same time?

Where are all the good men in Hong Kong?

ARE there any good men in Hong Kong?

I think very very few, the ones that are married and good are staying married (and good), the ones that are married and bad can continue being bad with who ever else they want, the ones that are singe...... They are just here to have a good time and Hong Kong is a great place to have it what ever your personality, age, appearance, profession and nationality. But its a mans world.
Does Hong Kong attract that certain type of man who relishes in picking up a different girl 3 times a week?
Or do they change when they get here and find out just how much fun they can have? Unable to resist the temptation that is before them like a child in a chocolate store they just will try what ever then can until they make them selves sick.

But then, when they have had their full of sweets some might decide to change tracks and because its a mans world its as easy as clicking his fingers for him.

I realise that the world is made this way, and nothing any of us do here will change the fact that men have the power and they use it to their advantage.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much of what you say is true, but just because a lot of us have a high turnover rate, doesn't mean that we are not good men. The rapid cycling through women meets a certain need, but if I could find a "intelligent, sexy, funny and attractive" (and single) woman that you claim are so abundant in HK, I would gladly settle down for something more long term. The problem is that it isn't easy to meet women that fall into that category - they don't generally roam around waiting to be picked up. Do you expect us to remain celibate while we wait around for 'the one' to pop up one day. I choose not to worry about it too much and have as much fun as possible in the meantime. Does that make me a bad person?

Mia said...

Celibate, no I'm not a fan of that for myself so would never suggest that for others.
A bad person, nope not at all. I was just trying to say that its easy for men in HK to be players till it suits them, and not so easy for women.

Mia said...

Thanks Richard *grin*

Indiana said...

ohhh my gosh, where do I start.

Men have all the power...well it's nice to see that this is still possible :)
There is a country in Asia, lets call it South Korea, where the ex-pats girls run amok with any and every GI they can and thus revelling in their "Queen for Day" status. So I fail to see the problem if the shoe ends up on the other foot.
There are many reasons why ex-pat guys "go native"...post to follow.