Discombobulated: To be thrown into a state of confusion.

Monday, August 09, 2004

Discombobulated again

Didn't have a good day today.

Had a row with a friend over the issue of a mutual friend of ours XXXXXXXXXXX

Even the fact that she doesn't speak English and he doesn't speak her language isn't standing in their way of true and everlasting love.

It makes me cross and it shouldn't I know, its not as if I want a relationship with that particular guy. But it just brings back home the sorry fact that men just don't care if they can understand a word coming out of a woman's mouth, just as long as she will let him stick something in her.

Oh yes and her contract has expired so perhaps he can just let her stay with him for a while.
She will be ever so grateful.

The thing is that he is one of the sweetest guys I know, he's funny, articulate and smart.
And she can't understand more than 3 words he says to her. So she has no idea of what a great guy he is. What does she care about that! He is inviting her to share his world.
Not bad going girl, you work that arse!

Bitter? Moi? Today yes, just a little bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your reaction is understandable and your friend may be deluding himself.

RP
randompensees.mu.nu

Mia said...

RP, These sort of matches between girls (from very poor countries working here in Hong Kong as maids) and older western men happen alllllllll the time.

And of course I shouldn't judge him harsly for choosing to be with such a beautiful young woman. I certainly don't judge her, after all she has to make her way out of poverty somehow.

It just makes me feel a bit icky.

Actually what sort of pissed me off was when our mutual friend said something to him about not being able to talk to his new lady love about anything.
His reply was "well I can talk to Mia, she's always there to lend an ear and support when I need it"

But at the end of the day he says she makes him happy and thats what counts!

Anonymous said...

Not quite sure that Asian women are the meek, innane or slightly dubious crafty women you make them out to be, but having not dated any, you're not quite likely to know them intimately.

As for your friend, he'll find out soon enough what love means. Maybe not through your ideas, but through trial and error, and error, and error. If it comes to that.