Discombobulated: To be thrown into a state of confusion.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Bullies

I don't like being bullied and I know that the best way to deal with bullies it to stand up to them, but I'm not good at doing that, hence my upset and reaction at finding my email box full of nasty email messages from Glutter and EastSouthWestNorth 'fans' who told me in no uncertain terms (frequently) how worthless my site is and how dare I presume to be present in the Asia Blog Awards . I don't know Simon at all, but I'm sure he didn't foresee such a tide of nastiness as a result of running the awards. I see that Spirit Fingers got something similar as well.

Just for the record, if you don't find my site worth reading then piss off.
I do this for me. A place where I can ramble as and when I want to about things in my life that make me happy and sad and vent at times when I'm discombobulated. Just what it says on the box.

Update:
Question, did any male bloggers get abusive emails re the awards?

Further Update:
I've just received an email from ESWN saying that he is not impressed* with all the bullying tactics used on his behalf by his 'fans' and "Anything that anyone wrote you while mentioning ESWN is not authorized or suggested by me."
I say that our sites are so far apart in appeal and different its strange to find myself nominated in the same category. But thanks for the message ESWN, it is appreciated.

* I am not AMUSED. In fact, I am APPALLED at the idea that anyone would dare to invoke my name to write to you about this matter of the Asian blog awards.

4 comments:

Chris said...

This type of stupidity is one reason why I had doubts about the idea of having such awards.

I can't believe that 'fans' of other blogs could take this so seriously and behave in such a childish way, especially given the events of last Sunday. Does it really matter that much?

Anonymous said...

I didn't get any emails, but then I'm not in the running in the categories I'm in.

-shaky

Spirit Fingers said...

Fuck, that pisses me off so much. It was good of ESWN to write to you though. All this fuss over a game to see who can get the biggest group of people to vote for them.

Anonymous said...

That is really, really low of people.

So how about this-I'm the one who nominated Mia, since I think she has a lovely and loyal heart. If you have a problem with her, you have a problem with me.

If you have a problem with me, then join the fucking queue. And quit harassing Mia, and you can take it up with me.

//Helen
Everyday Stranger